Hello, Golden Key! Here are this week’s updates, have a great week!
- We are ordering new shirts! If you would like to pre-order one, please bring cash to the upcoming meeting. Prices range from $10-$15.
- If you haven’t already, join our Facebook group UF Golden Key to receive updates and information that is not on the listserv.
- We have an updated system for general member points! There is an active member and golden member status. In order to be considered an active member, you must achieve the minimum number of hours in active membership; in order to get a free honor chord at graduation you must achieve golden member status. See the new point system on our facebook group under the ‘Files’ tab. Email us at [email protected] if you have any further questions.
- Join our Gators March for Babies team to help raise money for a great cause! More information is provided below.
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, October 14th 6:30pm @ CSE E222
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, October 28th 6:30pm @ CSE E222
- Adopt-a-Street Sunday, October 18th 10:30am-11:45am @ Library West
- Milk and Bookies Thursday, October 29th 6:30pm-8:00pm @ TBA
- Taste Fundraiser Wednesday, October 7th 6pm-9pm @ Taste
- GMFB Tournament Sunday, October 25th 10am-3pm @ Flavet Field
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Fundraiser Tuesday and Wednesday, October 20th and 21st 10am-2pm @ Plaza of the Americas
- Halloween Fundraiser Wednesday and Thursday, October 28th and 29th 10am-2pm @ Turlington Plaza
- Krishna Lunch Monday, October 5th 11:45am-12:45pm @ Plaza of the Americas
- Gym, GK, Smoothies Thursday, October 8th 6pm-7:30pm @ Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
- Movie Night Thursday, October 15th 8pm-9:30pm @ MCCA1142
- UF v. LSU Watch Party! Saturday, October 17th @ TBA
- Haunted Corn Maze! Friday, October 23rd 9pm-10pm @ Newberry Haunted Corn Maze
- Gator March for Babies Sunday, November 22nd 2pm @ Turlington Hall
- General Body Meeting Come join us for our bi-weekly general body meeting! We will make general announcements and discuss upcoming events, as well as have various guest speakers/activities throughout the semester (see our FB group for more details!!). If you have any questions please email [email protected] or [email protected].
- Adopt-a-Street Help keep the local community clean by coming out to Golden Key’s Adopt-a-Street event! We are meeting at 10:30 a.m. in front of Library West and then carpooling over to 12th Street. Hope to see you all there!
- Milk and Bookies Come join us for a fun service event! A NEW children’s book is your ticket in the door. The books that we collect will be donated. This event will include snacks and fun games. More information to come!
- Taste Fundraiser Come out to Taste, an authentic Asian restaurant, any time between 6-9 and just enjoy a meal to help fund raise for Gator March for Babies and Spark a Change! We will receive 20% of the proceeds, so bring all your friends! The way that they will determine how much we earn is based on the number of receipts we collect. There will be a director there to collect your receipts, so hand those in and sign up to earn your points!
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Fundraiser Come grab a doughnut before heading to class or the library! $1 for a doughnut outside of Library West. Proceeds go to GMFB and Spark a Change.
- GMFB Tournament Teams will compete in dodgeball. Food will be provided. Prizes will be awarded to winning teams. There will be a theme.
- Halloween Fundraiser Join us for a Halloween-themed fundraiser! Details are TBD.
- Krishna Lunch Start your week off right with a wonderful Krishna Lunch and some fantastic company! We’ll be raffling away a free lunch ticket if you wear your GK shirt! Meet us over on the brick benches by the Chem Lab Building!
- Gym, GK, Smoothies Join us as we get fit for fall! We will be running, doing stadiums & training like Gators at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Afterwards we can reward ourselves with some smoothies at Planet Smoothie!
- Movie Night Join us as we watch the Sundance Film Festival documentary Miss Representation. Miss Representation explores the under-representation of women in positions of power and influence in America, and challenges the media’s limited portrayal of what it means to be a powerful woman. Come on out and enjoy some popcorn, candy and a great documentary with us!
- UF v. LSU Watch Party! Come watch UF lay the smack down on LSU because LSU seauxs! This will be a potluck so please bring some snacks with you & BYOB if you are the legal variety! Time & location TBA (if you are interested in hosting please comment below or contact Josh & Sierra)!
- Haunted Corn Maze! Time to get scary for Halloween! Join us at the Newberry Haunted Corn Maze for a scary good time! The admission is $10/person CASH ONLY! We will be meeting at the Reitz Car Loop for a carpool by 8:15pm, please comment below if you would like to carpool!
- Gators March for Babies Gator March for Babies was brought to UF eleven years ago in order to fundraise for March of Dimes. March of Dimes works to ensure that babies everywhere have a healthy and safe birth. To register, go to http://www.gatorsmarchforbabies.org and search for UF Golden Key.
- SPARK Abroad offers international service-learning tours that align with Golden Key’s SPARK a Change initiative to impact and improve the lives of at-risk youth through literacy, education and real-world preparedness. Be a part of the second ever SPARK Abroad trip to Peru this December and experience the epicenter of Incan civilization. On this trip, you will visit various historical and archaeological sites, walk through the local markets and work side-by-side with locals to build sustainable schools and communities in rural Cusco.
Thanks for reading, and hope to see all of your lovely faces at our chapter events! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected]