Hello, Golden Key! Here are this week’s updates, have a great week!
- Elections are coming up! Join us at our next general body meeting to elect the 2016-2017 executive board. In order to vote, you must either be an international member or have 5+ points earned for this semester.
- We have new shirts! If you would like to buy one, please come by our office on the ground floor of the Reitz Student Union. Prices range from $10-$15.
- If you haven’t already, join our Facebook group UF Golden Key to receive updates and information that is not on the listserv. Also, follow us on Instagram at #ufgoldenkey.
- We have an updated system for general member points! There is an active member and golden member status. In order to be considered an active member, you must achieve the minimum number of hours in active membership; in order to get a free honor chord at graduation you must achieve golden member status. See the new point system on our facebook group under the ‘Files’ tab. Email us at [email protected] if you have any further questions.
- Join our Gators March for Babies team to help raise money for a great cause! More information is provided below.
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, October 28th 6:30pm @ CSE E222
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, November 18th 6:30pm @ CSE E222
- Milk and Bookies Thursday, October 29th 6:30pm-8:00pm @ Little Hall 113
- Children’s Table Food Drive Monday, November 2nd through Friday, November 6th
- Adopt-a-Street Sunday, November 15th 10:30am-11:45am @ Library West
- GK Krishna Lunch Friday, November 13th 11:45am-12:30pm @ Plaza of the Americas
- GK Thanksgiving Potluck Wednesday, November 18th 7:30pm-8:30pm @ CSE E222
- GK Goes to the Movies – The Hunger Games Tuesday, November 24th 12am
Academics and Professional Development
- Dropping Your Pin: Transferring your UF Experience and Impact Tuesday, November 24th 4pm-5pm @ UF Career Resource Center Classroom
- Kickball Monday, October 26th 8:30pm-9:30pm @ Southwest Rec Softball Fields
- Kickball Monday, November 2nd 8:30pm-9:30pm @ Southwest Rec Softball Fields
- New Member Recognition Event Wednesday, November 4th 7pm @ Emerson Alumni Hall
- Gator March for Babies Sunday, November 22nd 2pm @ Turlington Hall
- General Body Meeting Come join us for our bi-weekly general body meeting! We will make general announcements and discuss upcoming events, as well as have various guest speakers/activities throughout the semester (see our FB group for more details!!). If you have any questions please email [email protected] or [email protected].
- Milk and Bookies Come join us for a fun service event! A NEW children’s book is your ticket in the door. The books that we collect will be donated. This event will include snacks and fun games. During the event, a drawing will be held for various gift cards to local restaurants, including Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Outback Steakhouse, and Blaze Pizza. RSVP here
- Children’s Table Food Drive Golden Key is hosting a food drive for The Children‘s Table! Please bring in food items such as soups, canned meats, boxed dinners, or pre-packaged/non-perishable items for the homeless and families in need. Anything you can bring in is greatly appreciated! Please bring it to the Golden Key office in the Reitz Union during the week of NMRE (11/2-11/6), or to NMRE itself on the evening of Wednesday, November 4th at Emerson Alumni Hall.
- Adopt-a-Street Help keep the local community clean by coming out to Golden Key’s Adopt-a-Street event! We are meeting at 10:30 a.m. in front of Library West and then carpooling over to 7th Place. Hope to see you all there! RSVP here
- GK Krishna Lunch Come out and enjoy our monthly Krishna Lunch! See at Plaza of the Americas at 11:45am for delicious and wonderful company! RSVP here
- GK Thanksgiving Potluck Stay after the GBM for a delicious Thanksgiving feast and fun games! We will also be collecting canned food to donate to the Field and Fork Pantry! More details TBA!
- GK Goes to the Movies- The Hunger Games Join us as we watch the final movie in the Hunger Games Trilogy — Mockingjay Pt. 2! Movie theater and time TBA! We’ll be carpooling from the Reitz Car Loop about half an hour before the movie begins!
- Dropping Your Pin: Transferring Your UF Experience and Impact This event is hosted by the UF Career Resource Center and is an interactive workshop about bringing your UF experiences into the workforce. This is a great professional development activity for those interested in gaining some tips on this topic. The location is in the CRC classroom, which is in the Reitz Union. If this date does not work for you feel free to visit the CRC events webpage at http://www.crc.ufl.edu/students/studentcenterevents.html. There you can view upcoming events that the CRC has to offer in many things such as professional development and career resources. RSVP here
- Intramural Kickball Come play kickball with us! If you don’t come play, we can always use support/cheerleaders!! Games are played at Southwest Rec Softball Fields. All games are going to be at 8:30 Monday nights. All you need is athletic clothes and shoes (or cleats). RSVP here
- New Member Recognition Event All new members are welcome to attend our New Member Recognition Event at Emerson Alumni Hall on Wednesday, November 4th at 7pm. This is a gala-style event where we welcome and recognize all of our new members through induction. Dress is business casual, and there will be refreshments (and cake!) after the induction. RSVP here
- Gators March for Babies Gator March for Babies was brought to UF eleven years ago in order to fundraise for March of Dimes. March of Dimes works to ensure that babies everywhere have a healthy and safe birth. To register, go to http://www.gatorsmarchforbabies.org and search for UF Golden Key.
- SPARK Abroad offers international service-learning tours that align with Golden Key’s SPARK a Change initiative to impact and improve the lives of at-risk youth through literacy, education and real-world preparedness. Be a part of the second ever SPARK Abroad trip to Peru this December and experience the epicenter of Incan civilization. On this trip, you will visit various historical and archaeological sites, walk through the local markets and work side-by-side with locals to build sustainable schools and communities in rural Cusco.
Thanks for reading, and hope to see all of your lovely faces at our chapter events! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected]