Hello, Golden Key! Here are this week’s updates, have a great week!
- If you haven’t already, join our Facebook group: UF Golden Key, to receive updates and information that is not on the listserv. Also, follow us on Instagram at #ufgoldenkey.
- We will be transitioning between our normal website and our new GINsystem website during this semester. If you want to get started, download the GINSystem app. If haven’t been added to our group on GIN, please email Bryan, our Vice President, at [email protected]
rg with your first name, last name, and preferred email and be on the look out for the registration email.
- There will be Virtual Fair on October 4th that allows you to interact with admissions representatives and faculty from graduate and professional schools across multiple disciplines. Register here!
- Golden Key walks Gators March for Babies! This event is dedicated to fighting premature birth by educating communities, helping expectant mothers, and funding research. The walk is 3 miles and begins at Turlington Plaza. Registration begins at 1:00 pm and the walk begins at 2:00 pm. More information will be included about registering at the GBM.
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, September 21st 7pm @ LIT 0109
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, October 5th 7pm @ LIT 0109
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, October 19th 7pm @ LIT 0101
- September School Supply Drive @ Our GK Office in the Reitz Union and our next GBM
- An Afternoon at Bob’s River Place Saturday, September 24th, 11am-4pm @ Bob’s River Place (More information can be found: here!)
- Big/Little Wii U Smash Event Wednesday, September 21st 8pm @ LIT 0223
- Big/Little Wii U Smash Event Wednesday, October 19th 8pm @ LIT 0223
- Big/Little Board and Card Game Night Wednesday, November 2nd 8pm @ LIT 0223
- Volleyball Thursday, September 22nd 7:30pm @ Southwest Rec
- Volleyball Thursday, September 29th 8:20pm @ Southwest Rec
- General Body Meeting Come join us for our bi-weekly general body meeting! We will make general announcements and discuss upcoming events, as well as have various guest speakers/activities throughout the semester (see our FB group for more details!!). If you have any questions please email [email protected]
g or [email protected] .org.
- September School Supply Drive We are collecting the following school supplies for our first graders: #2 pencils, coloring pencils, coloring crayons, Pink Pearl Erasers, and 1-gallon, 2-gallon and 1-quart Ziploc Bags. You will earn half a Pillar Point for each donated item on the list, with a maximum of 2 Pillar Points. We will be accepting donations at the next General Body Meeting. Also, feel free to drop donations off at the Golden Key office located at the Reitz, during office hours. A Golden Key Director or Executive Board member must be present in the office to award Pillar Points. Thank you in advance for your help with this very worthwhile Service project! Feel to contact [email protected]
g with any questions!
- Bob’s River Place We want to get one last drop of summer in (hint: winter is coming). We’re going to Bob’s River place from 11 AM-4 PM. Bob’s River Place is a water park on the Suwannee river. We will be carpooling, so PLEASE fill out the RSVP form below. The carpoolers will meet at the Reitz car loop at 10:15 AM. The cost is $25 per car, so we will have assigned cars before the event. Also, we ask you to bring $10 (one $5 bill and ones, preferably) in order to break up the cost of each car. We encourage you to bring lunch and water. There are no concessions at Bob’s River Place. Bring sunscreen. Most importantly, get ready for the last shabang before winter! RSVP here!
- Big/Little Wii U Smash Event Right after the GBM, we will be having a Big Little Wii U Smash game. At most, 8 people can play during one game. This event is open to general members as well bigs and littles. Sign-in here for September 21st! Sign-in here for October 19th!
- Big/Little Board and Card Game Night Right after the GBM, we will be having a Big Little board and card game night (I have a huge cards against humanity set). This event is open to general members as well bigs and littles. Sign-in here!
- Volleyball Come play some volleyball with your fellow Golden Key members and directors! Make sure to bring your Gator1 and wear athletic clothes and a blue shirt! RSVP to September 22nd here!
Thanks for reading, and hope to see all of your lovely faces at our chapter events! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected]