Hello, Golden Key! Here are this week’s updates, have a great week!
- If you haven’t already, join our Facebook group: UF Golden Key, to receive updates and information that is not on the listserv. Also, follow us on Instagram at #ufgoldenkey.
- We will be transitioning between our normal website and our new GINsystem website during this semester. If you want to get started, download the GINSystem app. If haven’t been added to our group on GIN, please email Bryan, our Vice President, at [email protected]
rg with your first name, last name, and preferred email and be on the look out for the registration email.
- There will be Virtual Fair on October 4th that allows you to interact with admissions representatives and faculty from graduate and professional schools across multiple disciplines. Register here!
- Golden Key walks Gators March for Babies! This event is dedicated to fighting premature birth by educating communities, helping expectant mothers, and funding research. The walk is 3 miles and begins at Turlington Plaza. Registration begins at 1:00 pm and the walk begins at 2:00 pm. More information will be included about registering at the GBM.
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, October 5th 7pm @ LIT 0109
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, October 19th 7pm @ LIT 0101
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, November 2nd 7pm @ LIT 0101
- Adopt-a-Beach Saturday, October 1st 8:45am-3:00pm
- Milk and Bookies Friday, October 21st 6:00pm-7:00pm @ TBA
- Anti-bullying Event at J.J. Finley Saturday, October 1st 7:30am-9:00am @ J.J. Finley
- Karma Key: Krishna and Frisbee Friday, September 30th, 11am-1pm
- An Afternoon at Bob’s River Place Sunday, October 9th, TBA time
- Big/Little Wii Mario Kart Event Wednesday, October 19th 8pm @ LIT 0223
- Big/Little Board and Card Game Night Wednesday, November 2nd 8pm @ LIT 0223
- Volleyball Thursday, September 29th 8:20pm @ Southwest Rec
- Volleyball Thursday, October 6th 7:20pm @ Southwest Rec
- Volleyball Thursday, October 13th 7:20pm @ Southwest Rec
- General Body Meeting Come join us for our bi-weekly general body meeting! We will make general announcements and discuss upcoming events, as well as have various guest speakers/activities throughout the semester (see our FB group for more details!!). If you have any questions please email [email protected]
g or [email protected] .org.
- Adopt-a-Beach In our first-ever partnership with another Golden Key chapter, we will be cleaning up St. Augustine Beach! We will meet with the University of Central Florida GK members at the beach at 11 a.m., where we will clean, and then have lunch in the area. We will meet at the Reitz Union loop at 8:45 and carpool to St. Augustine together. At the conclusion of lunch, we will carpool back to Gainesville together. RSVP here!
- Milk and Bookies Come join us for a fun service event! Your “ticket in the door” to this event is a NEW elementary reading level book, which will be donated to JJ Finley, a local elementary school. During the event, a drawing will be held for various gift certificates. There will be snacks and drinks, along with a few fun games. So, come out to a very worthwhile event! Sign-in here!
- Anti-Bullying Event Service would like you to be a part of an anti-bullying event in October that we have planned for first graders at J. J. Finley. The event will include a few fun activities for the students after the anti-bullying presentation. To participate in this event, please join our Service Committee. We will be scheduling a few mandatory meetings prior to this event for preparation. Please know that the event will be on Thursday, October 27, 2016, from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. If you are interested in being a part of this service event, please complete the below google form listing your availability by October 1, 2016. After you complete and submit the form, Jessica Killingsworth will contact you with further information by October 10, 2016. Sign-up for the committee!
- Karma Key: Krishna and Frisbee Hey Everyone! Every Friday that we do not have a GBM, we will be meeting for Lunch @ the Plaza of the Americas for Krishna and Frisbee. Lunch runs from 11-1:30 PM, but the event will only be held until 1 PM. You can bring lunch or buy lunch for $5 for one meal, or $35 for 10 meals (bring 10 people and you only need to pay $3.50!).We will be providing the Frisbee and other activities. This event is purely for socializing on weeks we don’t have Golden Key GBMs. RSVP here!
- Bob’s River Place We want to get one last drop of summer in (hint: winter is coming) on October 9th. Bob’s River Place is a water park on the Suwannee river. We will be carpooling, so PLEASE fill out the RSVP form below. The carpoolers will meet at the Reitz car loop. The cost is $25 per car, so we will have assigned cars before the event. Also, we ask you to bring $10 (one $5 bill and ones, preferably) in order to break up the cost of each car. We encourage you to bring lunch and water. There are no concessions at Bob’s River Place. Bring sunscreen. Most importantly, get ready for the last shabang before winter! More information is TBA!
- Big/Little Wii Mario Kart Event Right after the GBM, we will be having a Big Little Wii Mario Kart game. At most, 4 people can play during one game. This event is open to general members as well bigs and littles. Sign-in here for October 19th!
- Big/Little Board and Card Game Night Right after the GBM, we will be having a Big Little board and card game night (I have a huge cards against humanity set). This event is open to general members as well bigs and littles. Sign-in here!
- Volleyball Come play some volleyball with your fellow Golden Key members and directors! Make sure to bring your Gator1 and wear athletic clothes and a blue shirt! Sign-In here for September 29!
Thanks for reading, and hope to see all of your lovely faces at our chapter events! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected]