Hello, Golden Key! Here are this week’s updates, have a great week!
- If you haven’t already, join our Facebook group: UF Golden Key, to receive updates and information that is not on the listserv. Also, follow us on Instagram at #ufgoldenkey.
- There will be Virtual Fair on October 4th that allows you to interact with admissions representatives and faculty from graduate and professional schools across multiple disciplines. Register here!
- Golden Key walks Gators March for Babies! This event is dedicated to fighting premature birth by educating communities, helping expectant mothers, and funding research. The walk is 3 miles and begins at Turlington Plaza. Registration begins at 1:00 pm and the walk begins at 2:00 pm. More information will be included about registering at the GBM.
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, October 5th 7pm @ LIT 0109
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, October 19th 7pm @ LIT 0101
- General Body Meeting Wednesday, November 2nd 7pm @ LIT 0101
- Adopt-a-Street Friday, October 16th 10:45pm-7:00pm @ TBA
- Milk and Bookies Friday, October 21st 6:00pm-7:00pm @ TBA
- Anti-bullying Event at J.J. Finley Thursday, October 27th 7:30am-9:00am @ J.J. Finley
- Yogurtology Fundraiser Wednesday, October 5th 11:00am-11:30pm @ Yogurtology
- Dodgeball Tournament Saturday, October 22nd 10am-3pm @ TBA
- Golden Key does March for Babies Saturday, November 20th 1pm-4pm @ Turlington Plaza
- Newberry Haunted Corn Maze Friday, October 7th, 5pm-8pm @ Newberry Corn Maze
- An Afternoon at Bob’s River Place Sunday, October 9th, 12pm-4pm @ Bob’s River Place
- Karma Key: Krishna and Frisbee Friday, October 28th, 11am-1pm
- Big/Little Wii Mario Kart Event Wednesday, October 19th 8pm @ LIT 0223
- Big/Little Board and Card Game Night Wednesday, November 2nd 8pm @ LIT 0223
- Volleyball Thursday, October 6th 7:20pm @ Southwest Rec
- Volleyball Thursday, October 13th 7:20pm @ Southwest Rec
- General Body Meeting Come join us for our bi-weekly general body meeting! We will make general announcements and discuss upcoming events, as well as have various guest speakers/activities throughout the semester (see our FB group for more details!!). If you have any questions please email [email protected]
g or [email protected] .org.
- Adopt-a-Street Help keep the local community clean by coming out to Golden Key’s Adopt-a-Street event! On Sunday, October 16th, we are meeting in front of Library West at 10:45 AM then carpooling over to our street: NW 8th Ave. RSVP here!
- Milk and Bookies Come join us for a fun service event! Your “ticket in the door” to this event is a NEW elementary reading level book, which will be donated to JJ Finley, a local elementary school. During the event, a drawing will be held for various gift certificates. There will be snacks and drinks, along with a few fun games. So, come out to a very worthwhile event! Sign-in here!
- Anti-Bullying Event Service would like you to be a part of an anti-bullying event in October that we have planned for first graders at J. J. Finley. The event will include a few fun activities for the students after the anti-bullying presentation. To participate in this event, please join our Service Committee. We will be scheduling a few mandatory meetings prior to this event for preparation. Please know that the event will be on Thursday, October 27, 2016, from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. If you are interested in being a part of this service event, please complete the below google form listing your availability by October 1, 2016. After you complete and submit the form, Jessica Killingsworth will contact you with further information by October 10, 2016. Sign-up for the committee!
- Yogurtology Fundraiser Stop by Yogurtology at any time on October 5th to support Golden Key! When you check out with your frozen yogurt, just tell the cashier that you are with Golden Key (please don’t forget to do this! It is the only way we get a portion of the sales!!). To get your fundraising points, take a picture of your receipt and either email it to [email protected]
or text the picture to (407) 865-4006. If you spend less than $5 you will receive half of a point and if you spend $5 or more you get a whole point!
- Dodgeball Tournament Gather your friends for a little friendly competition. This tournament will benefit our March for Babies team. There is a $5 cover fee to participate. Teams will consist of 4 people. Don’t worry if you don’t have 4 people, you will be able to register as an individual and we will pair you up. More details, including signup, location and prizes to be announced soon.
- Golden Key does March for Babies Golden Key walks Gators March for Babies! This event is dedicated to fighting premature birth by educating communities, helping expectant mothers, and funding research. The walk is 3 miles and begins at Turlington Plaza. Registration begins at 1:00 pm and the walk begins at 2:00 pm. Register online here and search for UF Golden Key as the team.
- Newberry Haunted Corn Maze Join us at the Newberry Haunted Corn Maze on Friday, October 7 from 5-8 PM! Tickets are purchasable online (https://newberrycornfi
eldmaze.ticketleap.com) or at the door for $15
- Bob’s River Place We want to get one last drop of summer in (hint: winter is coming) on October 9th. Bob’s River Place is a water park on the Suwannee river. We will be carpooling, so PLEASE fill out the RSVP form below. The carpoolers will meet at the Reitz car loop. The cost is $25 per car, so we will have assigned cars before the event. Also, we ask you to bring $10 (one $5 bill and ones, preferably) in order to break up the cost of each car. We encourage you to bring lunch and water. There are no concessions at Bob’s River Place. Bring sunscreen. Most importantly, get ready for the last shabang before winter!
- Karma Key: Krishna and Frisbee Hey Everyone! Every Friday that we do not have a GBM, we will be meeting for Lunch @ the Plaza of the Americas for Krishna and Frisbee. Lunch runs from 11-1:30 PM, but the event will only be held until 1 PM. You can bring lunch or buy lunch for $5 for one meal, or $35 for 10 meals (bring 10 people and you only need to pay $3.50!).We will be providing the Frisbee and other activities. This event is purely for socializing on weeks we don’t have Golden Key GBMs. RSVP here!
- Big/Little Wii Mario Kart Event Right after the GBM, we will be having a Big Little Wii Mario Kart game. At most, 4 people can play during one game. This event is open to general members as well bigs and littles. Sign-in here for October 19th!
- Big/Little Board and Card Game Night Right after the GBM, we will be having a Big Little board and card game night (I have a huge cards against humanity set). This event is open to general members as well bigs and littles. Sign-in here!
- Volleyball Come play some volleyball with your fellow Golden Key members and directors! Make sure to bring your Gator1 and wear athletic clothes and a blue shirt! Sign-in here for October 6th!
Thanks for reading, and hope to see all of your lovely faces at our chapter events! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected]