Last Minute Events:
- Alaucha County Humane Society Friday, October 7th 8:00am-10:00am @ Alachua County Humane Society
- American Cancer Society Winn-Dixie Hope Lodge Monday, October 10th 6:30pm-8:00pm @ American Cancer Society Winn-Dixie Hope Lodge
- Documentary Night Thursday, October 20th, 7:20pm-9:10pm @ MCCA 1142
- Documentary Night Monday, November 14th, 7:00pm-7:00pm @ MCCA 2196
- Alachua County Human Society Come join us at the local animal shelter this Friday, October 7th. We will be playing with the cats and dogs there, while also helping to keep their rooms clean and feeding them. There are so many cute and cuddly animals that want to make friends, come out and enjoy these furry guys. If you really fall in love with of any of them, you might even be able to adopt! RSVP here!
- American Cancer Society Winn-Dixie Hope Lodge We will be visiting the Hope Lodge next Monday, October 10th. This is a place for outpatient cancer patients to temporarily stay at while they get their treatment here in Gainesville. We will be playing bingo with the residents there. The people there are so much fun talk to and get to know. Please take advantage of this awesome opportunity and help Golden Key brighten these patients’ day with a simple and fun bingo game. RSVP here!
- October’s Documentary Night Come out and watch “Freakonomics”, a 2010 documentary film based on the book of the same name. “Freakonomics” is a collection of economic theories applied to the analysis of human behavior. Topics in this film include racism in professional advancement opportunities, the decline of urban crime rate, and cheating in Sumo wrestling. Hope to see you there!
- November’s Documentary Night 2 Didn’t go to the first documentary night? Did go to the first documentary night but you just want more? Come out and watch Poverty Inc. with us. This film examines the influence of the West on development of societies and the mixed results of their power. “Drawing from over 200 interviews filmed in 20 countries, Poverty, Inc. unearths an uncomfortable side of charity we can no longer ignore.”
Thanks for reading, and hope to see all of your lovely faces at our chapter events! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected]